Trading 212 CY Ltd. (Formerly: Avus Capital CY Ltd.) (‘’the Company’’) is authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (‘’CySEC’’) to act as a Cyprus Investment Firm (‘’CIF’’) with Licence Number 290/16.
The Company operates under the Provision of Investment Services, the Exercise of Investment Activities, the Operation of Regulated Markets and Other Related Matters Law of 2007, Law 144(I)/2007, as subsequently amended from time to time (hereinafter “the Law”).
1. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are complex financial instruments and are not suitable for all investors. This notice outlines many of the risks related to trading these products. However, this is not an exhaustive list of all risks and other product characteristics. If you have any doubt whether or not these products are appropriate for you, you should seek professional advice before trading. If you are unsure of the risks or of whether you have sufficient financial resources or experience to trade these products, you should not begin trading with us.
Trading CFDs is an activity that carries high risk to your capital. Don’t use money you can’t afford to lose.
You should only consider trading in CFDs if:
- You have extensive experience of trading in volatile markets
- You fully understand how they operate, including all the risks and costs involved
- You are aware that the greater the leverage, the greater the risk
- You understand that your position can be closed whether or not you agree with the provider’s decision to close your position
- You have sufficient time to manage your investment on an active basis.
2. We shall not offer you any advice or recommendation regarding the suitability of any investments with us, and nothing we send or tell you should be interpreted as such. We may provide you with factual information in relation to our products, their potential risks, or about the financial markets in general; in doing so we shall not have assessed your individual circumstances.
3. Our products offer various levels of leverage. Before trading, we shall ask you to make an initial deposit. Each product we offer has a margin requirement. Based on this requirement and your initial deposit, you shall be able to trade a contract value in excess of your funds. For example, a margin requirement of 5% would enable you to trade contracts 20 times as large as your deposit.
Fluctuations in asset prices will therefore be magnified many times. A small price movement against you may result in a larger loss.
4. We reserve the right to adjust margin requirements for each of our products. This may result in your margin requirement increasing. You may therefore be required to deposit additional funds to maintain existing positions.
5. CFD trading relies on the price movement of underlying financial products. You are therefore exposed to similar, but magnified, risks to holding the underlying assets. Some of these risks may be defined as:
5.1 Volatility - sharp, unexpected movements in the underlying product’s price, resulting in a magnified profit or loss to you. Markets may not move in a smooth fashion, and price ‘gaps’ may occur with consecutive quotations far apart. There may not always be an opportunity for you to place an order or for our platform to execute an order at the price level, which you have selected. One of the effects of this may be that stop loss orders are executed at unfavourable prices, either higher or lower than you may have anticipated, depending on the direction of your trade.
5.2 Currency - where you are trading a product denominated in a currency different to that in which you hold your account, fluctuations in the exchange rate affect your profit and loss.
5.3 Liquidity - under certain circumstances, it may not be possible to close a part of or a whole position at the current price or at all.
6.1 We are counterparty to all your trades. None of our products are listed on an exchange, nor can any rights, benefits or obligations be transferred to anyone else. While we undertake our obligation to provide you with best execution and to act reasonably and in accordance with our published terms and condition seriously, CFDs opened on your account with us must be closed with us, based on our prices and conditions.
6.2 You are also exposed to the risk of our default. Trading 212 CY Ltd. (Formerly: Avus Capital CY Ltd.) is a member of the Investors Compensation Fund (ICF). Full details of this can be found on our website.
7. It is your responsibility to monitor your account. Should the net value of the account (cash plus running profits minus running losses) fall below the margin required, we may close some or all of your trades at the current market price. This should not however be taken as a guarantee, and it is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are on your account at all times.
8. In accordance with the CySEC regulations, all our client funds are held in segregated accounts. Whilst we monitor the creditworthiness of our banks closely and select them on the basis of robustness and solidity, using only major international banks, this does not mean that they are risk free.
No Guarantees of Profits
9. The Company provides no guarantees of profit or of avoiding losses when trading. Customer has received no such guarantees from the Company or from any of its representatives. Customer is aware of the risks inherent in trading and is financially able to bear such risks and withstand any losses incurred.
This document is reviewed on an annual basis.